I spent this weekend in hibernation and managed to wade through some backlog in my feed reader. Some things that caught my eye:
- Brendan O’Connor’s cringeworthy interview with Gazza on The Saturday Night Show. You can watch a clip of it here or the full shebang here.
- A Twitter account for @annedoylerte was set up this week and people were surprised when ‘Anne Doyle‘ criticised (putting it mildly) Brendan O’Connor. However given another tweet states: “Its 9 O’Clock. Good Evening. I’m Anne Doyle and I AM the news“…I think it’s safe to say it’s a fake account.
- How important have apps become? Another handy infographic illustrating the ‘rise of an apps-based culture’ from the guys at Flowtown.
- Facebook officially launched a new feature to help you find Facebook Pages you might be interested in and ‘like’ them.
- The closing date for entries for Ireland’s only dedicated app awards, The Appys, has been extended until October 8th.
- What your social network profile picture says about you.
- News has been trickling out from Twitter HQ in relation to the upcoming launch of a free Twitter analytics service later this year. More on this here.