Some things that caught my eye this morning…
- @adrianweckler drew my attention to a recently launched site, Broadsheet.ie. Launched in July, the site has a number of contributors with content updated every 15 minutes. Follow the news on Twitter at @broadsheet_ie.
- Brand Ireland reports that a Government appointed committee is considering a ban on the sponsorship of sports events by drinks companies. More on this in the Sunday Business Post.
- Finance Minister, Brian Lenihan, is now looking at a ten year wind down of Anglo Irish Bank. How will Fianna Fails press officers shine a positive light on what Labour’s Joan Burton is describing as “one of the most historical U-turns in the history of the country”?
- Tony Blair may cancel his London book signing following the hoo-ha in Dublin according to the Daily Telegraph.
- More than one million users joined Apple’s new music-focused social network Ping in the 48 hours following its launch, according to Apple. Read more on this over at SiliconRepublic.com
- The next Measure it! brought to you by Damien Mulley is on in Dublin (venue TBC) on September 29th at 10am. The event lasts about two hours and looks at the measurement of social media initiatives – case studies, exercises, Q+A, etc. Register your interest here.
- ISME and Connector.ie are lauching a roadshow which will visit ten locations around Ireland. It will focus on banking and employment issues for the SME, tendering and digital media initiatives. For more info or to buy a ticket, click here.
- Conor Brophy is leaving Newstalk to join the RTE Business team – another blow for the station
- George Lee is back and is to take over The Business show on RTE
- Tadgh Enright (news journo) is leaving RTE to join Sky News
- Marie Boran has left SiliconRepublic.com, replaced by Laura O’Brien…Via Piaras Kelly’s blog