I love free tools that are easy and quick to use and Google Search Stories is exactly that. You enter six Google search queries and pick a music track and that’s it done. You end up with a short video highlighting the online presence of your chosen person/brand/product. You can then upload it to your YouTube account.
Here’s an example that I put haphazardly put together to illustrate how easy it is to do.
There are lots of other examples on the Google Stories site.
This could be a very handy tool for presentations. For example it could be used to…
- creatively display the current search engine rankings of a company website in order to highlight the need for an SEO or digital marketing strategy
- compare the online presence of your company/client with competitors
- highlight the online sentiment or ‘buzz’ around a brand before and after a promotional campaign
- illustrate online coverage of an issue or topic
- put together a snappy campaign overview
Give it a go yourself.
(h/t to Simon for putting this on my radar)