Today YouTube announced that one hour of video is uploaded to the site every second. A decade of footage a day!
Struggling to wrap your brain around that? Well YouTube have launched this really nice site, onehourpersecond.com, which is full of interesting stats and figures which serve to put the volume of video and length of time spent on the site in context.
For example, who knew that ‘In 4 minutes 48 seconds of uploads to YouTube, the ostrich continues running at full speed, traveling 12,384 miles’?
Definitely worth checking out over your morning coffee.
Of course, YouTube being YouTube, they’ve posted a video along the same lines.
Leave a comment
Connect with me
- Teddy Has an Operation and I Get Chills
- Clever Usain Bolt Campaign from Durex
- Social Media Revolution – The Parody
- Bottled Water Ad Like You’ve Never Seen Before (video)
- Nobody Hanging Out on Google+?
- 60 seconds in Social Media [Infographic]
- Cyber Flashmob Attacks WSJ Facebook Page
- Is the social media novelty wearing off?
Say What Now!?
advert Advertising app Apple B2B billboard brand campaign communications Consumer Engagement Digital Marketing digital pharma e-commerce Facebook Flowtown Google infographic internet iPhone iPhone app Ireland Irish Isaiah Mustafa marketing media networking Old Spice online online marketing online PR pharmaceutical marketing PR promotional public relations QR codes smartphone Social Media social networking social networks statistics survey Twitter video viral YouTube