Moosejaw, an online outdoor clothing retailer, have released their winter catalogue with a difference. Readers can install the Moosejaw ‘X-Ray App’ on their smartphone (iOS/Android) or tablet (iPad) and, through augmented reality technology, see what the models are wearing underneath the fleeces and ski jackets!
The reader opens the app on their device and holds it over the image in the catalog to reveal the model in their underwear.
A clever tactic to motivate people to pick up a catalog. It also serves to innovatively bridge the gap between traditional print advertising and marketing and digital media which fits well with the needs, and target audience, of an online retailer.
Leave a comment
Connect with me
- Teddy Has an Operation and I Get Chills
- Clever Usain Bolt Campaign from Durex
- Social Media Revolution – The Parody
- Bottled Water Ad Like You’ve Never Seen Before (video)
- Nobody Hanging Out on Google+?
- 60 seconds in Social Media [Infographic]
- Cyber Flashmob Attacks WSJ Facebook Page
- Is the social media novelty wearing off?
Say What Now!?
advert Advertising app Apple B2B billboard brand campaign communications Consumer Engagement Digital Marketing digital pharma e-commerce Facebook Flowtown Google infographic internet iPhone iPhone app Ireland Irish Isaiah Mustafa marketing media networking Old Spice online online marketing online PR pharmaceutical marketing PR promotional public relations QR codes smartphone Social Media social networking social networks statistics survey Twitter video viral YouTube