A new online campaign is hoping to make Irish Dance more relevant to a modern audience. Think Michael Flatley’s Riverdance except with hands only….what?!…Check out this video which has amassed over 1,781,000 views.
Apart from the fact these guys are champion Irish dancers, would you have gotten ‘Irish Dance’ from that video? I certainly didn’t.
The video is part of the ‘Up & Over It’ campaign – a collaboration Suzanne Cleary, Peter Harding and Jonny Reed – which aims “to stretch the concept of Irish Dance to its limits”. The act appeared at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival earlier this year and put on a show described as “a sensational multimedia extravaganza for the post-pop generation” which combined irish dance, electro-pop, nouveau folk and video.
Leave a comment
Connect with me
- Teddy Has an Operation and I Get Chills
- Clever Usain Bolt Campaign from Durex
- Social Media Revolution – The Parody
- Bottled Water Ad Like You’ve Never Seen Before (video)
- Nobody Hanging Out on Google+?
- 60 seconds in Social Media [Infographic]
- Cyber Flashmob Attacks WSJ Facebook Page
- Is the social media novelty wearing off?
Say What Now!?
advert Advertising app Apple B2B billboard brand campaign communications Consumer Engagement Digital Marketing digital pharma e-commerce Facebook Flowtown Google infographic internet iPhone iPhone app Ireland Irish Isaiah Mustafa marketing media networking Old Spice online online marketing online PR pharmaceutical marketing PR promotional public relations QR codes smartphone Social Media social networking social networks statistics survey Twitter video viral YouTube